If I could save time in a bottle... that would be one heavy bottle.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

http://www.realityunwound.com forever

(See my new blog at www.realityunwound.com)

Jim Morrison said it, This is the End.* It's a dark, brooding, melancholy sort of tune that was frankly out of touch with reality. He apparently didn't take into account that, well, it really wasn't the end.

Morrison died a rock-star death 4 years later, but even in that it takes a Shirley McClaine brand of arrogance to think that just because it's the end for you it's the end for everyone (incidentally, on the day Jim Morrison died, Paolo Montero was born, here's to new beginnings!).

So today's end of realityunwound.blogspot.com is the formal, official and final move to www.realityunwound.com. It's been 963 days since my first post here. There have been great gaps between posts, there have been short but intense flurries of posts, and there have been lingering moments of consistency. I've written about daylight savings time, the a multi-post discussion on the religion in culture , living a missional life, our response to the fall of church leaders, and most recently the election.

Why move? Tough to say really. It may be the desire to feel like I'm finally growing up, and for some reason buying a domain feels like settling into a house I own. Maybe I want to see if my voice resonates way with a different audience, and ownership feels like credibility. I don't know why, but I know I want to focus more on how belief interacts with the day to day happenings in the world... things like politics, culture, the family. Hopefully it's mostly because I'm trying to make it less about the world as it relates to me, and more about how I can better relate to the world for redemptive purposes.

So my sincerest thanks for reading, I'm honestly humbled that you stop by. Please don't stop. More than that, will you engage even more? I want to hear from you. I want to hear when the things in my brain don't match with reality. I need to hear real people say things like, "in a perfect world that works, but..." or better yet, "Your conservative ideology fails to take into account..." My hope for my new corner of the web is that together, we can forge ahead and create real solutions to real problems. I have great faith in people, especially people who listen for the still small voice leading through the wilderness. Don't lurk. Let me know you're there. Challenge my thinking, don't let me get sloppy. Most of all, let's be a generation that makes a positive impact and leaves a positive footprint.

If what I write is worth reading, tell someone else. If what I write is trite and banal, tell me. Most of all, and in every situation...

Feel the love, be the ball.

Special shout out - Newcom's, I changed the background just for you. May the remnants of our past be forever be readable!

*Note: The song, "This is the End" is most likely about the end of a relationship with his girlfriend, not the end of the world. But it made for a less interesting post that way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

About Me

My photo
As the self-proclaimed and happy-to-meet-you Small Group zealot at River City Community Church, my hope is that this page will make you laugh, learn, grow, smile, and most of all cherish the role you’ve been given to play in the Family. I believe Small Group leadership is the most strategic role in the local Church.