If I could save time in a bottle... that would be one heavy bottle.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bullets & Projectiles


I used to read many more blogs than I do now, and back then, I always loved people who were expert users of the bullet point. It seemed like a style that would work well for me since I'm sort of all over the map in my brain. The problem is that I write A LOT, so 10 page bullet points don't accomplish the same thing. None the less, here's my attempt at the bulletted blog post...



  • In reading Natalie's documentation of the past 10 days, I remember being drawn to the thought that God is here with me. When Jack is sick, God is here with us. We're not alone. It's much less scary when you're not alone.

  • Friday night will be just me and Jack. No firm details yet, but I feel certain that it will involve beef and fire. Probably Television. And a sippy cup. For Jack.

  • We're going to have a baby in 5 weeks. It will want to live with us for approximately 18 years. It will also want to eat food and wear clothes. I will be primarily responsible for providing such accoutrements.

  • My ear infection is all better. Antibiotics are good stuff.

Alright. That's all I've got. By way of confession, I'm disappointed with the way my first bullet point blog worked out. Perhaps better luck next time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie Powers said...

i actually think this is a great post.

yes this baby will want to live with us...and eat our food...and wear clothes....

surprise! ha.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You make me laugh. We miss you guys! Sorry the past couple weeks have been so rough, but reading both yours and Natalie's blogs has been challenging and inspiring. Y'all are cool people. :)

Jason Powers said...

We feel the same thing about you guys!! I hope your trip up north has been both relaxing and refreshing.

Kara said...

Dude, you are setting a record for your blog post frequency - super :)

Jason Powers said...

It's all about momentum! You just gotta keep it going. Thank you for reading!

Alison Kerr said...

Thanks for the reminder on writing bullet point blogs. I've done a few - not sure if they worked the way I intended. Still, now that you've reminded me, I must plan to do some more.

sean said...

You called your daughter it. She (some are calling her "little Shauna") is a person not an it! FYI - love the bullet points! Love you guys!

About Me

My photo
As the self-proclaimed and happy-to-meet-you Small Group zealot at River City Community Church, my hope is that this page will make you laugh, learn, grow, smile, and most of all cherish the role you’ve been given to play in the Family. I believe Small Group leadership is the most strategic role in the local Church.