If I could save time in a bottle... that would be one heavy bottle.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Uncivilized

Last night in our college gathering, we wrestled with the idea that Jesus didn't die to make us nice people. Not that He doesn't care how we treat others (quite the contrary actually) but that Christ's death was more about rescuing us from ourselves and infusing our lives with meaning and purpose than it was about making us good American citizens.

My challenge was to look for ways to show people that God loves them, and to do it anonymously. Our gathering is called Underground because our goal isn't to build a huge gathering with lots of people talking about what God could do... it's to be a group of people who are living in hope of the promise that God's Kingdom will endure and to give our hearts and our lives to build that.

I hope to see lots of comments and posts on here of how these amazing, called out students find God in the ordinary moments of life. My prayer is that God will burst out of the boxes and confines that we've built for Him, and explode into our every moments. Here's to life lived on purpose, with passion and conviction. Here's to our very big God.

2 comments:

Singleton said...

Nice Jason. I for-sure want to meet up with you guys and the group when I'm in town.

Jackie said...

(ok so I'm yet getting to commenting/doing about your challenge but still, here:)
Thank you. For the compliments and with David and all that. You rock. :)

About Me

My photo
As the self-proclaimed and happy-to-meet-you Small Group zealot at River City Community Church, my hope is that this page will make you laugh, learn, grow, smile, and most of all cherish the role you’ve been given to play in the Family. I believe Small Group leadership is the most strategic role in the local Church.