If I could save time in a bottle... that would be one heavy bottle.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Holy... Crap

May 28, 2006... my wife gave birth to Jackson David Powers. He was 7lbs. 8 oz, 19 1/2 inches long and beautiful as a little baby can be. Dont' get me wrong, he was still wrinkly and goopy and all of that but still... no matter what happens, this little man will carry on my name. It's unbelievable. I'll let my wife tell the story and show the pictures here. Suffice it to say... like the Crowder song says... "I need words..." It's an unbelievable thing. Not only that, but literally as Natalie and I are in the delivery room wating for the little guy to make an appearance, I get word that my sister in law's (brother's wife) water broke. Her doctor told her to wait until we (Nat and I) were done and then to come on in. Carson Reed Powers (cousin to Jackson David Powers) was born across town 14 hours later. That's something pretty amazing.

Now, since that beautiful moment I think I've slept for a total of 7 hours. Not to mention that my wife was in labor for 37 hours. You heard it right... 37 hours with contractions no longer that 15 minutes apart... many time 2 and 3. She's my new hero. So... suffice it to say with the sleep deprivation and this amazingly wonderful giddy new man that lives in my house, I'm bound to have a thing or two to say... but not now. Not enough time. It's feeding time. God bless you all. I pray that for you, today is a treasure such as you've never found before. Thank you God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this...what an amazing experience. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

I'm a proud "adopted aunt" as Katy and I like to say. I can't imagine what you both went through, but in the end you are both holding this precious little boy who means the world to the both of you. Congrats to you both and I can't wait to see all three of you in 1 week adn 2 days. I love you all!

About Me

My photo
As the self-proclaimed and happy-to-meet-you Small Group zealot at River City Community Church, my hope is that this page will make you laugh, learn, grow, smile, and most of all cherish the role you’ve been given to play in the Family. I believe Small Group leadership is the most strategic role in the local Church.