If I could save time in a bottle... that would be one heavy bottle.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Day Remembered


May 8, 2008 - Rocky Mountain National Park

Lower Copeland Falls. I have never felt so much like a visitor. This amazing place sounds like the rushing voice of God. The aspens, pines, and spruce trees stand and applaud the majesty of the Creator. Father has, just this moment, sent slow flurries to kiss the back of the neck. "The Earth is the Lords, and the fullness thereof. Thank You.


Upper Copeland Falls. Every place is more powerful and mighty than the last, and every reminder of God's power quiets my soul. he is God. God of Creation, take my breath away. Beyond the power, every thing about these mountains reminds me that my strength is fleeting and limited and, like these rivers and mountains, there is a mighty power source close at hand. Only to realize and live in it!


Calypso Cascades. As I write this, there is a heavy snow falling. The entire landscape is under 2 feed of snow. The Lord whispers, "My voice is all around you. Can you hear me in the rush of water? In the wind through the pines? He is here.

The day I wrote those in my little back pack travel journal was one of those days that I knew would remain crisp in my brain forever. It was our second day there and we ended up in the Wild Basin. We passed only a single car on the way in, and they still hadn't opened the summer trail head because of the snow. There was a true sense of being alone in the wild. I remember being nearly overwhelmed by the enormity and immensity of the whole thing. There's nothing that makes me feel smaller, more humble, more aware of the grandeur and might of God than the mountains. As we hiked, it became clear that this was going to be a day that I needed to capture and remember.

Only today did I finally get the pictures from that trip into my computer. It's always good to stop and remember those times and those places where you've encountered God. That was most definitely one of those days.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As the self-proclaimed and happy-to-meet-you Small Group zealot at River City Community Church, my hope is that this page will make you laugh, learn, grow, smile, and most of all cherish the role you’ve been given to play in the Family. I believe Small Group leadership is the most strategic role in the local Church.